BOISE, Idaho — Boise Fire is reminding citizens to be safe after responding to two house fires in ten hours.
The first fire happened before 9 Thursday night on Grunder Street. The fire appeared to have started after the homeowner tried to start a fire in the fireplace. There was heavy damage done to the home, the Boise Burnout Fund and TIP Treasure Valley are assisting the residents. Two people were inside the home and are okay, but two dogs did not make it.
Tonight at 8:37 we responded to a fire at a home on the 6800 block of Grunder St. it appears to have started after the homeowner tried to start a fire in the fireplace. Heavy damage, @BoiseFund and @TIPTValley are assisting the residents. pic.twitter.com/oAdO11u3YD— Boise Fire Dept. (@BoiseFire) December 20, 2019
The second fire happened on S. Pond Friday morning just after 6. The fire began in the garage and there is heavy smoke and water damage throughout the home. TIP Treasue Valley, the Boise Burnout Fund and Idaho Red Cross are assisting the five residents.
This morning at 6:08 we responded to a fire in the 2400 block of S. Pond. The fire originated in the garage & there is heavy smoke & water damage to the rest of the house. @TIPTValley @BoiseFund @RedCrossIdaho are assisting the five residents. pic.twitter.com/1jefVRfhzm— Boise Fire Dept. (@BoiseFire) December 20, 2019