BOISE, Idaho — Boise Fire responded to a fire in a commercial building Monday on the 1300 block of Orchard Street in Boise.
The fire briefly shut down Orchard Street due to heavy flames when firefighters arrived. Six engines, two trucks and two battalion chiefs responded. The additional crews were brought in so Boise Fire could rotate crews often due to the high temperatures outside.
Officials say the fire was caused by improper disposal of smoking materials and has been ruled an accident. The fire happened at a storage site for a masonry business.