News

Actions

Boise Fire investigators discover source of flash that closed the Grove Plaza

Posted: 10:39 AM, May 15, 2019
Updated: 2019-05-15 14:31:24-04

BOISE, Idaho — Boise Fire officials say the incident that closed the Grove Plaza was caused after a cap on a cylinder that holds chlorine tablets for the fountain failed.

This caused over pressure, resulting in the sudden release of gas.

Officials say an employee working under the plaza had seen a flash when he turned on a light in a vault room that had hazardous materials stored in it. The plaza was closed to foot traffic for a short time.

There were no injuries and the plaza is now back open.

There is no threat to public safety.