BOISE, Idaho — The Idaho Beef Council is teaming up with the Idaho Steelheads and The Idaho Foodbank to present “Beef Night on the Ice” Saturday, February 1 at 7:15 pm. Proceeds will benefit the Beef Counts program, which provides funds to The Idaho Foodbank to purchase a consistent supply of high-quality protein throughout the year to help fight hunger throughout Idaho.
“Events like Beef Night on the Ice really shows how organizations can come together to support an important, worthwhile cause here in Idaho,” said T.K. Kuwahara, CEO of the Idaho Beef Council. “Beef provides valuable nutrition to families in need, and we are so thankful to our ranching families, Agri Beef, and donors who make this program a priority."
The Beef Night on the Ice Event Activities include:
- Double R Ranch® hamburgers and hot dogs will be half-off all night long.
- Raffle with prizes including a Traeger® Grill and Double R Ranch/Snake River beef bundle valued at over $750 (*must be 18 years of age and present to win)
- Chuck-a-Puck where half of proceeds raised that evening will be donated to The Idaho Foodbank to purchase beef.
- Build a Burger – two teams of two people see who can build a burger on ice the fastest
- Hamburger races – three teams of two will see who can race up/down arena fastest
- Dance for your dinner ($50 beef certificate)
- Herbie Hamburger will be on site for photos
- The Idaho Foodbank will also be taking donations on-site
All proceeds will allow The Idaho Foodbank to purchase beef. All donations will be matched by Agri Beef – which has pledged $50,000 this year to support the Beef Counts program.
Tickets are on sale now for the February 1 Steelheads game against the Rapid City Rush and can be purchased here.