An 80-year-old woman died in a house fire in northern Idaho after the homeowner used an accelerant to start a fire in a wood-burning stove.
The Lewiston Tribune reports Carla Hillman died Sunday in the blaze that completely destroyed the single-wide mobile home she shared with her husband, 81-year-old Glen Hillman, in Peck.
According to the Nez Perce County Sheriff's Office, Glen Hillman attempted to start a fire in their wood stove using an accelerant such as kerosene or gasoline. When the stove ignited, it blew the door off the wood stove and started a fire in the residence.
Glen Hillman suffered burns to his face and arms. A witness helped him escape the home, but efforts to save his wife were unsuccessful.
(by Associated Press)