It every sweet tooth's favorite time of the year! Girl Scouts across the country are new selling their famous cookies at grocery stores. We know you're going to pick up a box or two, so why not take your snacking to the next level? The wine experts at Vivino paired Girl Scout Cookies with 12 different wine flavor profiles.
Here's a guide to perfectly pairing Girl Scout Cookies with wine:
1. Thin Mints® and Brunello
The chocolate covered, mint cookies are good match with Brunello, try a 2010 edition.
2. Caramel deLites® /Samoas® and Rioja
Pair your carmel and toasted coconut-covered cookies with an aged Rioja.
3. Peanut Butter Patties® /Tagalongs® and Amarone
Peanut butter heaven needs heavenly wine.
4. Trefoils® and German Riesling
The shortbread cookies pair great with a German Riesling.
5. Do-Si-Dos® and a California Zinfandel
This duo will taste like a yummy PB & J sandwich.
6. Cranberry Citrus Crisps and New Zealand Pinot Noir
The citrus cookie pairs with the "straight-forward nature" taste of a New Zealand Pinot Noir
7. Lemonades™ and Italian Roero Arneis
The lemon-iced shortbread cookies make a perfect match with an Italian Roero Arneis, which has a bright, light and fruity taste.
8. Rah-Rah Raisins™ and Bordeaux
Rah-Rah Raisins™ are delicious oatmeal cookies with raisins and Greek-yogurt chucks. This cookie calls for a full-bodied left bank Bordeaux.