With 2016's Black Friday now in the rearview mirror, Cyber Monday is here. But before you click and shop, some basics about the big online shopping day:
The first thing to know is that Cyber Monday does not offer quite the savings we saw on Thanksgiving night and Black Friday.
Retailers can't keep giving away everything for 30% to 50% off (at least, not until the week before Christmas, when they have to clear out merchandise at fire sale prices).
Another thing to know is that stores don't list all their deals deals in advance, as they did before Thanksgiving. Cyber Monday deals change hourly (especially on Amazon), depending on what's selling and what's not. So you have to check your favorite sites frequently.
Target: Best Storewide Sale
For the second year in a row, Target has the best storewide sale of any major retailer.
This Monday morning, we are seeing 15% off virtually everything on Target's website. in addition to their Cyber Monday markdowns.
That means, for instance, you can buy mostcurrent video games at 15% off.
In addition, Target is matching many of their Black Friday prices, including Playstation 4 andXbox One bundles for $249.
Walmart: More Great TV sales
If you didn't want to deal with the madness inside Walmart on Thanksgiving night (actually, it's not so bad these days since they moved to the wrist band system), you have another chance this Cyber Monday.
Walmart's website has a number of great Black Friday-like TV deals, though some were already sold out by 5 a.m. Monday.
Among them: aVizio 50 inch 4KTV for $378.
Amazon: New deals every hour
Amazon is changing deals every hour, so you will find some great markdowns not listed here (and some of these deals may be gone when you try to find them.
Here are some of the top Cyber Monday deals live now, courtesy the website BFAds.net.
- $50 off PlayStation 4 Slim 500GB Console - Uncharted 4 Bundle
- Xbox One S 1TB Console - Gears of War 4 Bundle
- Up to 50% off video games
- Up to 33% off game accessories
More Monday Morning deals
- Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400 w/ Built-In Multi-Touch Touchpad - $17.99 at Wal-Mart
- Epiphone Limited Edition Les Paul Special-I Electric Guitar (Red, Yellow, Black) - $79.00 at Guitar Center
- GoPro HERO5 Black 4K Action Camera (CHDHX-501) - $399.99 at Best Buy
- Google Chromecast (NC2-6A5) - $25.00 at Best Buy
- Amazon Kindle 6" E-Reader - $49.99 at Amazon
- Acer Chromebook CB3-431-C5FM 14" Full HD w/ Intel Celeron Quad-Core N3160 -$229.99 at Amazon
- ASUS 13.3" ZenBook UX310UA Notebook (Rose Gold - UX310UA-WB71-RG) - $699.00 at B&H
- Amazon Fire 7" Tablet - $33.33 at Amazon
- $100 Sephora Gift Card (Email Delivery) - $90.00 at eBay
- $20 Off $100+ and Free Shipping - $20 Off $100+ at Starbucks.com
- HTC VIVE Virtual Reality System + $100 MS Store Gift Code - $699.00 at Microsoft Store
- 20% Off Toys + Stackable 20% Off Sitewide - using coupon codes DEALSEEKER and TOYS20 at Kohl's
- Clothing, Shoes, Jewelry Sold & Shipped by Amazon - 30% Off at Amazon
- Insignia 32" 720p 60Hz LED HDTV (NS-32D311NA17) - $99.99 at Best Buy
- Barbie Malibu House - $69.99
- Lalaloopsy Dolls, Playsets & Accessories - 40% Off
- NERF Doomlands, Alien Menace & Zombie Strike Blasters - 20% Off
- Lego Bionicle Construction Sets - 30% Off
- Littlest Pet Shop Figures & Play Sets - 30% Off
- Star Wars Lightsabers - 20% Off
- Step2 Happy Home Cottage & Grill - $99.99
- Jumbo Stuffed Unicorn or Caterpillar - $24.99
- Journey Girls Limited Edition Celebration Collection Gift Set - $49.99
Finally, remember that Cyber Monday deals change hourly, so plan to check back frequently if you item is not on sale yet.
You can check the highlights of all the big Cyber Monday ads bydownloading the free BFAds app to your smartphone.
And, as always, don't waste your money.
“Don't Waste Your Money” is a registered trademark of Scripps Media, Inc. (“Scripps”). The information included in this article was obtained independently by Scripps reporters. While purchases from links inserted in this article may result in a commission for Scripps, no Scripps reporter benefited from that commission.
Follow John on Twitter (@JohnMatarese)