Crews respond to report of fire at VA Medical Center in Boise

A seized compressor was causing the smoke
Posted at 9:46 PM, Oct 11, 2019
and last updated 2019-10-12 00:26:27-04

BOISE, Idaho — Boise Fire and Ada County Paramedics responded to a report of a fire at building #67 at the VA Medical Center in Boise Friday night.

The call came in just before 8:19, and crews were on scene for at least two hours.

Boise Fire says they found smoke on the third floor when they arrived and determined the source to be a compressor that had seized. The issue also tripped a breaker, briefly leaving part of the building without power. The VA isolated the issue and was able to restore power.

Crews were prepared and ready to evacuate patients if the power could not be restored, but that proved to be unnecessary.

No patients were evacuated.