1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 small yellow onion, chopped
1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
1 (14.5 ounce) can artichokes, hearts quartered, drained and finely chopped
1 tablespoon fresh chopped oregano
2 tablespoon fresh chopped basil
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
2 cups feta cheese, crumbled, or shredded white cheddar cheese
1 cup Grated Parmesan cheese
8 large eggs
1 tablespoon milk
1 (14.5 ounce) can Red Gold® Petite Diced Tomatoes Garlic & Olive Oil , drained
- Preheat oven to 350o F. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray, making sure you completely cover all surfaces of each cup to prevent sticking.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over high heat. Add onion and bell pepper, cook until tender; about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook additional 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Stir in spinach and cook until wilted; about 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in artichoke hearts, oregano, basil, and crushed red pepper. Season with salt and black pepper; stir to combine.
- Pour 1/4 cup of mixture into each muffin cup.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, milk and tomatoes; whisk together. Pour egg mixture evenly between the 12 muffin cups, then top with 1 tablespoon of feta and 2 teaspoons of Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until eggs are set and slightly golden around the edges. A knife inserted into the center should come out clean. Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes. Sprinkle each egg cup with basil, if desired.
- Will keep in refrigerator 3 to 4 days or can be frozen and reheated in microwave.