State inspector finds lethal levels of carbon monoxide where Marine died
BOISE, Idaho (AP) -- A state inspector says he found lethal levels of carbon monoxide at a Meridian apartment complex where an 18-year-old Marine died of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Jerry Peterson of the Idaho Division of Building Safety found the unsafe levels while investigating gas appliances during an inspection on Nov. 14 through Nov. 16 at Sagecrest Apartments.
Authorities say McQuen Forbush died from acute carbon monoxide poisoning at the apartment complex on Nov. 10.
Peterson's report says the furnace in the apartment where Forbush died didn't function properly and a buildup of lint in the vent system may have prevented the gas from burning cleanly.
Meridian Police Deputy Chief Tracy Basterrechea says police have not finished their investigation.