Caldwell Mayor Garret Nancolas saves family from burning home
On Jan. 4, 2013 just before 4 p.m. Caldwell fire responded to a structure fire at 1916 Santa Clara Drive.
"The fire was called into the Canyon County Dispatch Center by Caldwell Mayor Garret Nancolas," said Brad Carico with the Caldwell Fire Department. "After making the 911 call Mayor Nancolas entered the residence, through the smoke and heat and assisted one of the residents out of the residence."
Carico said that the fire was out within 10 minutes of their arrival on scene, and they cleared the scene by 5:14 p.m. Friday. The cause of the fire is thought to be spilled cooking oil on the kitchen stove.
"The residents were displaced by the fire," said Carico. "The Caldwell Fire burn-out fund provided a nights lodging at a local motel for the family."