Idaho barn fire a case of spontaneous combustion
MOSCOW, Idaho (AP) -- A northern Idaho fire official says a barn fire that destroyed the barn and is burning through 200 tons of hay is a case of spontaneous combustion.
Juliaetta Fire Chief Mike McGee tells the Moscow-Pullman Daily News (http://bit.ly/PLMPA8) that the hay had been packed into the barn since July without ventilation and the hot weather likely caused it to spontaneously combust on Friday.
He says the barn is gone but the hay is still burning and likely will continue to burn for the next several days.
He says the barn owners are monitoring the hay fire and will contact authorities if it spreads.
Information from: The Moscow-Pullman Daily News, http://www.dnews.com