Super Bowl appetizer recipes from Texas Roadhouse
It's not too hard to make these savory samplers at home, but if you're not in the mood to do the cooking, you can always order a "to go" platter from Texas Roadhouse. Video by IdahoOnYourSide.comvideo
Are you looking to make the food you saw the guys from Texas Roadhouse whip up on Good Morning Idaho? You've come to the right place!
“Household” Pulled BBQ Pork Recipe
2 T. Liquid Smoke
1 cup tap water
1 each Whole Pork Shoulder/Boston Butt
2/3 cup Seasoned Salt
1 T. Black Pepper
2 cups of your favorite BBQ Sauce
Preheat the oven to 225° F.
Pour the liquid smoke, and water into the bottom of a roasting pan.
Place a roasting rack into the pan.
Rub the entire exterior of the shoulder with the seasonings.
Place the seasoned shoulder onto the rack, fat side up, then cover the pan with a
tight fitting lid.
6. Place the covered pan into the hot oven, and roast for 5 to 6 hours.
7. Remove the pan from the oven carefully. The meat should be very tender, and
between 190 - 200°F.
8. Remove the meat from the pan and break it into five or six pieces using tongs.
9. Allow the meat to cool for 15 – 30 minutes until it is cool enough to touch.
10. Break the meat into 1” by 2” chunks, remove any undesirable fat or gristle, and
place the meat into a mixing bowl.
11. Gently stir in the sauce with a rubber spatula.
12. Transfer the sauced meat into 2” deep x 9” wide x 13” long (cake or aluminum)
pans and cover with a lid or foil.
1. Bake at 350°F for 20 – 30 minutes, or until an internal temperature of 170°F is
2. Serve and enjoy.
1. Refrigerate for use the next day. Cool it quickly (within 2 – 3 hours) to an internal
temperature below 40°F to keep it safe.
2. Bake at 350°F for 30 - 40 minutes, or until an internal temperature of 170°F is
3. Serve and enjoy.
Skewered Shrimp is as easy as picking your favorite seasoning and throwing the shrimp either on the grill or on a skillet. Suggested seasonings are:
1. Lemon Pepper Butter (fresh lemon juice, black pepper and whipped butter)
2. Garlic Butter (chopped garlic, onion powder and whipped butter)